Tade Hartsuff Kuhns served as chapter President while also serving as Kappa's first Grand President.
A life-size portrait of Tade is on display at Kappa Kappa Gamma Headquarters in Dublin, Ohio.
Elizabeth Bogert Schofield also served as a Fraternity President (1940–44). She was Mu Chapter's first adviser.
The charter members of Mu Chapter were approached by the members of Phi Delta Theta (one of the two men's fraternities on campus) with a suggestion to petition Kappa Kappa Gamma for a charter. Sigma Chi was the only other men's fraternity and "Kappa Alpha Theta ruled alone for the women."
Delta Chapter granted the charter to Mu Chapter.
The house's most recognizable features are the Kappa Bulldog guarding the house and the red stairs at the front entrance.
At the 1881 Convention, Mu Chapter proposed a Fraternity publication and made a motion to call it The Golden Key.
In 1917, college men left for service and college women worked for the Red Cross and collected tin foil. Two war bonds bought with Mu Chapter foil became an investment that paid for the first rent for the chapter house.
Learn more about