Gamma Eta

Washington State University

1920

Historical facts: ​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

  1. Founded in 1916, local group Zeta Phi petitioned for a Kappa Kappa Gamma charter for four years. 

  2. The chapter was installed on May 7, 1920, by Grand Secretary Estelle Kyle Kemp, Colorado, with the initiation of 27 members. Beta Kappa Chapter, Idaho, assisted and 14 new members were initiated the next day.

  3. While still a local group, the members of Zeta Phi purchased a house off campus and directly opposite the president's home. In 1923, they bought the house and lot next door to hold the excellent location. Plans for a new chapter house began in 1927 and work on it was started in February 1928. The members stayed in the old college hospital for a semester while the new house was being built. In 1929, Gamma Eta moved into its new home.

Fun facts:

  1. In 1987, Zeta Pi Chapter, College of Idaho, was installed and Gamma Eta served as a big sister chapter.

  2. Gamma Eta publishes a biweekly newsletter, “The Key.” It informs parents, alumnae and many others about all of the past, current and upcoming activities the chapter is involved in.

Washington State University

Learn more about 

© 2019 #KappaTurns150 for Kappa Kappa Gamma Fraternity
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • YouTube
  • Pinterest
  • Instagram
  • Snapchat - Grey Circle
  • LinkedIn - Grey Circle