As long ago as 1936, Rheva Ott Shryock, Pennsylvania, included in her extension report a recommendation that "... we should thoroughly familiarize ourselves with conditions at Vanderbilt University where the registration of women has been steadily increasing."
The Fraternity was petitioned by the Philean Society and, on July 1, 1973, the answer came from Kappa Headquarters that there would be a new chapter at Vanderbilt University. Epsilon Nu Chapter had the distinction of sharing its installation date (Oct. 13, 1973) with the anniversary of Kappa's Founders Day.
Kappa Kappa Gamma was the first member of the National Panhellenic Conference to be invited to the campus since 1954.
The Philean Society dated back only to February 1972, when a group of about five decided, after rush, that another club was needed. The Independent Women's Association had folded and there was no social group available for unaffiliated women.
Epsilon Nu was the eighth chapter that Jean Wells, Georgia, helped to install.
In 2017, Epsilon Nu won the Most Improved Chapter award for Vanderbilt Panhellenic sororities.
Learn more about