Epsilon Lambda

University of Tennessee

1967

Historical facts: ​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

  1. Discussion of the establishment of a Kappa chapter at the University of Tennessee began in 1946. By 1962, Tennessee was seen as a possible extension choice, and in 1964, an extension team endorsed the campus for establishment.

  2. In September 1966, Epsilon Lambda Chapter was formed and, within a few weeks, 34 new members had been pledged.

  3. Installation took place Feb. 24–26, 1967, and Epsilon Lambda was the first chapter of Kappa Kappa Gamma in Tennessee.

Fun facts:

  1. The Passing of the Light ceremony saw the heirloom Ware Candlesticks passed from Betty Davis Van Fleet, Monmouth, to chapter President Rebecca O'Connor Greene.

  2. The Kappa "Pumpkin Walk," now a tradition, began that fall when jack-o'-lantern with Kappa eyes, Gamma noses, and key mouths were delivered on fraternity row.

  3. Epsilon Lambda Chapter made the move to its new house at the end of February 2013. The Kappa Kastle (as it is called) allows for 33 members to sleep comfortably with refreshing porches and a terrace.

University of Tennessee

Learn more about 

© 2019 #KappaTurns150 for Kappa Kappa Gamma Fraternity
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • YouTube
  • Pinterest
  • Instagram
  • Snapchat - Grey Circle
  • LinkedIn - Grey Circle