Delta Pi

University of Tulsa

1946

Historical facts: ​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

  1. On Oct. 13, 1945, the Panhellenic Council at the University of Tulsa invited 15 young women to organize for the purpose of petitioning a national group. The date, by coincidence, was Kappa's Founders Day. The group chose Alpha Pi Theta for its name, and after a study of the Greek system, chose to petition Kappa Kappa Gamma for a charter. 

  2. After an exploratory visit, Alpha Pi Theta was approved to petition at the 1920 Convention (Kappa’s Diamond Jubilee) at Mackinac Island, Michigan. 

  3. Delta Pi Chapter was installed in November 1946 with Fraternity President Ruth Kadel Seacrest, Nebraska, presiding and Gamma Nu Chapter, Arkansas, assisting.

Fun facts:

  1. Groundbreaking for a Kappa lodge took place in 1947 and Edna Insch Sesow, the first chapter President, turned the first spade of earth on the Kappa lot with the golden spade of the University of Tulsa. 

  2. A successful Kappa Pickers group was formed. They performed at fraternity houses, on campus, and for social and civic groups.

University of Tulsa

Learn more about 

© 2019 #KappaTurns150 for Kappa Kappa Gamma Fraternity
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • YouTube
  • Pinterest
  • Instagram
  • Snapchat - Grey Circle
  • LinkedIn - Grey Circle