Beta Eta Deuteron
Beta Eta Chapter was founded on June 10, 1892, and was the second women's fraternity on campus. Kappa Alpha Theta was founded in February that same year.
Beta Eta Chapter began building Kappa Kappa Gamma's first chapter house in 1899 and members moved in during January 1900.
The chapter closed in 1944 after the dean of women prohibited women's fraternities and sororities.
The chapter was reinstalled as Beta Eta Deuteron in 1978.
Alumna Evelyn Wright became Stanford’s first dean of women and her friend Lou Henry (future first lady Lou Henry Hoover) was initiated in 1896.
Beta Eta was the first Kappa chapter to build its own house and the first to own a house.
The chapter supports the Joyful Heart Foundation, which is dedicated to healing, empowering, and advocating for survivors of sexual violence.
Beta Eta Chapter survived an earthquake. The chapter house was ravaged by fire twice and members adjusted to the changes of two world wars.
Learn more about